DIY: Cute Stud Earrings
Like a couple weeks ago I made my very own stud earrings. One pair was worn in a couple of my review, the ones with the blue cardigan. I loved making these earrings. They're something fun to make and I loved the outcome. This was my first time EVER making earrings. I've done a few researching both on YouTube and crafting websites and I found a simple-quick and easy method. Some items can be found at stores like Michaels, Walmart, etc. But I bought my Cabochons, Glue, and Earring Posts from different Etsy shops.
Products You'll Need:
Procedure / Steps:
- Prepare your earring posts. Take out 2 of the earring posts and 2 earring backs.
- Grab your cabochon and scratch and/or scrape the back surface creating a rough edge, which will help the glue grab on better. (This of it as when your about to glue on nails and you have to buff your nails first.)
- Grab the glue, apply a dollop onto the earring post's flat surface. Some glues tells you to apply some on both of the objects your gluing together.
- Wait 2 minutes to let the glue get tacky, then press the two surfaces together as hard as you can.
- Set the almost finished earrings aside for about 16-24 hours. Giving it more than enough time to dry and allow the fumes to evaporate.
For my first try, I honestly have to say it didn't come out too bad. I haven't had these break or fall apart since I've made then. I hear this is a strong glue. So to all my crafting lovers and/or people who just are willing to try this... GOOD LUCK! :)