D.I.Y- 3 Tone Dip Dye Ombre Shorts
Remember the shorts I raved about over Independence Day weekend? Well, I finally was able to get the tutorial up. My laptop is a pain, I think I need a new one if I ever want to continue blogging/vlogging. Any who, this d.i.y project is very simple and easy to do. Usually the packaging on the fabric dye gives you instructions but I wanted to share with you how I created a 3 Tone Ombre Shorts.
(TIP: the avoid frail jeans after bleaching, just purchase a white of jeans beforehand )
- Boiling HOT Water
- Fabric Dye in color of your choice (I used Tulip Permanent Fabric Dye)
- Gloves (Although I didn't use them)
- Cover the area you want the WHITE and RED to be in bleach, using the spray bottle.
- Then (not shown in the video) to speed up the bleaching process, I covered the shorts in a plastic bag and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then (not shown in the video) I rinsed out the bleach.
- Next prepare you dying bucket with the WATER, SALT, and DYE .
- MIX MIX MIX!
- Fold your shorts in half and bunch of the shorts from the middle, leaving only the bottom section out.
- Dip the bottom section in the fabric dye mixture.
- Let it sit for 45 minutes stirring occasionally every 15 minutes.
- To created a better gradient effect from the white to red splash/push some of the mixture towards the shorts with the spoon/mixer.
- After 45 minutes rinse out the dye under cold water, then for more security I rinsed it under hot water.
- Then hand wash the shorts with detergent and hang dry.
- & Voila!
To see how I did my pair of shorts check out my quick video tutorial below!